Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Birthday parties and Inspiration

Is it just me or are 1st birthdays very exciting?  Realistically, they are more about the parents than the child.  When my first turned 1, it actually felt like an accomplishment.  I was just so excited that my husband and I had survived the first year without accidently killing her or purposely killing each other.  Plus the first year brought hope that she may start sleeping (she didn't by the way).

One night when she was about 9 months old, I had a dream about a tutu.  I know that's totally lame but what else is there to think about when you spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week with an infant?  Anyway, I wasted no time in making that tutu a reality.  I can't say it came out exactly like the one in my dream but I liked it anyway and designed her entire birthday party around it.  I had no theme other than lime green, hot pink, and black with white polka dots.  A friend of mine suggested that those colors were totally 80s.  So we had a "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" party and the other babies and kids came dressed in 80s as well.  The party favors were fraggle rock monsters, care bears, and Garbage Pale kids.  This all came from a superficial dream about a tutu. 



So what are some things that have inspired you?

No comments:

Post a Comment